Vision, Mission, Objectives and Strategies
Leadership in Energy
To promote understanding and awareness of energy issues and the development of responsible energy policies in Australia.
- A strong independent Institute, representative of all energy sectors, actively networking and debating economic, environmental, social and technology issues;
- Effective communication and interaction between members;
- Excellence in the provision of services to members;
- Collaboration with related organisations, in Australia and overseas, in advancing members' interests;
- High standards of member conduct, competence and achievement and professional interest and inquiry; and
- Enhanced community awareness of issues in the production and use of energy and in responsible energy policies.
- To encourage dynamic Branches throughout Australia, with active programmes supporting members' interests and debating relevant issues;
- To encourage and enhance interaction between members and other interested parties at Institute meetings and conferences and through the Institute's internet site and journal;
- To undertake continuous improvement in member services and develop new, innovative activities for members;
- To develop collaborative arrangements with professional organisations and associations, accessing relevant programmes and publications for members;
- To facilitate participation by students and younger members in Institute activities
- To promote training opportunities;
- To encourage and recognise excellence and high professional standards in members' activities through awards; and
- To publicise and promote Institute activities and views to governments and in the wider community.