Vision, Mission, Objectives and Strategies
- A strong independent Institute, representative of all energy sectors, actively networking and debating economic, environmental, social and technology issues;
- Effective communication and interaction between members;
- Excellence in the provision of services to members;
- Collaboration with related organisations, in Australia and overseas, in advancing members' interests;
- High standards of member conduct, competence and achievement and professional interest and inquiry; and
- Enhanced community awareness of issues in the production and use of energy and in responsible energy policies.
Leadership in Energy
To promote understanding and awareness of energy issues and the development of responsible energy policies in Australia.
- To encourage dynamic Branches throughout Australia, with active programmes supporting members' interests and debating relevant issues;
- To encourage and enhance interaction between members and other interested parties at Institute meetings and conferences and through the Institute's internet site and journal;
- To undertake continuous improvement in member services and develop new, innovative activities for members;
- To develop collaborative arrangements with professional organisations and associations, accessing relevant programmes and publications for members;
- To facilitate participation by students and younger members in Institute activities
- To promote training opportunities;
- To encourage and recognise excellence and high professional standards in members' activities through awards; and
- To publicise and promote Institute activities and views to governments and in the wider community.