AIE Youth Scholarship
About AIE Youth Scholarships
The Australian Institute of Energy offers an annual Energy Study Scholarship for members under 35 years of age.
- To assist a young AIE member to further their knowledge in an energy related discipline through study and/or visits to relevant industries and facilities, locally or overseas.
- The knowledge gained should be applied to the benefit of the individual undertaking the scholarship, the AIE and the community in general.
Use of Scholarship Funds
Scholarships may be used for:
- Official enrolment fees for an approved course, seminar or conference.
- Approved expenses in relation to attending a course, seminar or conference
- Approved expenses incurred in association with a planned study tour
- Other appropriate areas of expenditure approved by the selection committee.
- To be eligible for selection a person must:
- At the closing date for applications be a current AIE member, aged 35 or under, who has been a financial member of the AIE in any category, including Student, for at least 12 months.
- Propose to examine or study in an energy related area.
- Applications must be in writing and include the Summary Application Form, and the other requirements in the downloadable Application Form and Guidelines.
- Applicants must submit a realistic planned programme covering the itinerary and expected activities to be financed including airfares and accommodation if applicable
- Applicants must submit a budget for the proposed scholarship.
- Upon the return of the recipient to Australia or completion of the Scholarship activities, he/she must present within 6 months a paper to a technical meeting of his/her AIE Branch or a written paper shall be produced which the AIE shall have the right to publish in its Journal and or website.
- The recipient may be required to present his/her paper to other groups, if necessary, at the AlE's expense.
- Funds provided shall contribute to the expenses of the applicant, not his/her family or travelling companion(s).
- Scholarships are to be commenced within 12 months of the date of the award.
- Normally a scholarship will be limited to a maximum of $6,000.
- This amount may be reviewed by the AIE Board from time to time.
- An applicant can only receive the scholarship once.
The 2018 scholarship has now been awarded. Information about the 2019 scholarship will be available approximately June 2019.
AIE Scholarship Winners
AIE 2018 Scholarship Winner - Naomi Stringer
AIE 2017 Scholarship - no winner
AIE 2016 Scholarship Winner - Caitlin Trethewy
AIE 2015 Scholarship Winner - Megan Aspinall
AIE 2014 Scholarship Winner - Carmen Wouters
AIE 2013 Scholarship Winner - Joel Baker
AIE 2012 Scholarship Winner - Elisabeth Tourneboeuf
AIE 2018 Scholarship Sponsor