AIE Melbourne | Demand Response Energy pool: Let's have a conversation!
Venue: Victoria university
Date: Mon 26 Aug 2019 @ 9:30am to 12:00pm
The AIE Melbourne in partnership with the Victoria Energy Policy Centre is excited to bring together Demand Response Service Providers, customers, energy users and key market bodies for an open discussion on the recent Wholesale demand response mechanism draft determination recently released by the Australian Energy Market Commission.
The draft rule allows third parties to participate directly in the wholesale market as a substitute for generation and be paid for providing this type of wholesale demand response.
This event is designed to provide a forum where demand response service providers, demand response customers and energy users discuss real world commercial issues, value and opportunities.
We encourage you to share this invitation with other interested stakeholders.
Session commences at 10:00 am and runs through to 12:00pm: What does the rule change mean?
What the picture looks like for the DRSP and customers and how will this work for the users of Demand Response.
Chair: Stephanie Bashir, CEO and Founder, Nexa Advisory
- Suzanne Falvi - Executive General Manager, Security and Reliability, AEMC
- Violette Mouchaileh - Executive General Manager, Emerging Markets & Services, AEMO
- Associate Professor Bruce Mountain - Director, Victoria Energy Policy Centre, Victoria University
- Kedem Levy - Energy Flexibility Advisor, Enel X
- Craig Memery - Policy Team Leader, Energy & Water Consumers’ Advocacy Program, PIAC
- Luke Menzel - CEO, Energy Efficiency Council
Event Details - Panel Discussion Followed by Lunch
When: Monday 26th August 2019
Time: Registration at 9:30am
Panel session: 10:00am to 12:00pm (short presentations followed by open question time from 11:30am)
Lunch: 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Location: Victoria University, CBD campus, 300 Flinders Street, Melbourne 3000
Cost: AIE Members $50 | Non-members $60